Friday, March 21, 2008

Why I love Easter

I love Easter because it signifies new life for me.
~ It is the beginning of spring, the season filled with new life in the blooming trees and budding flowers.
~ It was the beginning of a new life for me when I accepted Jesus as my savior Easter of 2000.
~ I experienced new life inside of me for the first time when I got pregnant with Sophie Easter of 2003.
~ I began my new life with Clint when he propsed to me Easter of 2007.
Of course, every Easter is special to me because it is the time when Christians remember Jesus's death on the cross and His sacrifice for us so we can experience the fullness of life that God has planned for us. And we also celebrate the miracle of Jesus's resurrection on that first Easter when He defeated death and rose back to life. He promises the same eternal life for all those who believe in Him. I am so grateful for this promise of new life to look forward to.
When I was saved, I started a new tradition for myself that every "new year" for me would begin with Easter instead of the new calendar year. So, I sincerely wish you a happy new year filled with new life!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Wow - that's so amazing all the new people and events that began on Easter for you. Can't wait to hear what happens this Easter. My birthday has fallen on Easter several times, too. :-)