Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fabulous at Five!

Warning:  this blog entry contains lots of bragging and gushing from a very proud mama!


Five seems to be a magic number for Sophie.  All of the sudden she has turned into a young lady.  She is more polite, more helpful, and sweeter than ever.  She is taking the initiative to do things on her own (without me having to ask a dozen times).  She cleans up her room and turns out the light when she leaves it.  She gets herself ready in the mornings and stays on task.  She cleans up the dinner dishes for me and the other day she folded a basket of clean laundry that I had sitting in her room!  She said, "I knew you would appreciate the extra help since you are busy with the baby today."  Wow! I am so proud of the little lady she is becoming!

my little helper


Sophie constantly amazes me with her intelligence as well.  She understands many concepts that should be well beyond her developmental level.  Her preschool teacher said she is by far the brightest student of all of her classes.  She also said Sophie is emotionally, physically, and socially superior as well.  I was a little surprised at first by her teacher's comments, but very pleased!  At church, Sophie has been the "Rainbow of the Month" for her responsible and respectful behavior twice.  I am so proud of her!

Sophie has endured many life changes and some heavy heartache for a five year old.  I have always worried that these things would somehow impact her negatively, but so far she is thriving!  It reminds me of this passage in the Bible, "2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." - James 1.  I am seeing new levels of maturity and growth in Sophie and I know that God has used what was intended to harm her for good; to strengthen her and develop her character. 

Here are some of my favorite Sophie pictures from 2008 and her favorite things:

she loves playing sports

she loves to hunt for treasures

she loves kitty

she loves to bake

she loves to make mud balls :)

she loves the beach

she loves to pose for pics...

... and another

she loves roasted marshmallows and camping

she loves to run around in the sprinklers

she loves teaching Kindermusik class :)

she loves showing off her mud balls

she loves fireworks and popcorn


she loves being a big sister

she loves her preschool

she loves to "project" with her Clinty

she loves dressing up like a princess

she loves her snuggle bunny

she loves playing in leaves

she loves to make crafts

she loves to use tools

she loves to catch snowflakes...

...and I love her!

4 comments:

Stephens Family News said...

She's just beautiful! So glad that she's doing so well! :o)

Tucker Family said...

I am so glad to hear that she is doing so well. She's just as beautiful as ever!!

We miss you guys! :)

Heather said...

Glad to hear how well she is doing!! I am so impressed at her awareness of responsibility and helping out. You should be very proud indeed!!

Frances Katrin said...

Officially the best blog entry ever!