Thursday, December 10, 2009

34 weeks and counting down...

We are so close now to meeting baby girl and I just know these weeks through the Christmas season will help the time fly even faster!

Here are the stats...

How far along? 34 weeks

Total weight gain:  29 lbs. (I am 2 lbs. heavier than I was with Ella at this point in the pregnancy)

Fundal Height (size of uterus):  33 cm. (I was at 34 cm. last time at this point)

Maternity clothes?  Of course!  

Stretch marks?  Same as before...nothing new thank goodness :)

Sleep:  Still waking a couple of times at night, but I am usually able to fall back asleep

Movement:  Wow!  This one is the most active in the womb!  The other night I put a cup on my belly and she was moving it around and poking out so hard that she was able to tip it off several times...quite amazing!

Food cravings:  chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven and a glass of milk at night

Gender:  girl

Name:  Mary Kate, Lily Claire, or Emilie Claire.  I also like Sadie which means princess, but I am not sure what Clint thinks about it.

Belly Button in or out? out

What I miss:  energy...I have been really tired lately

What I love most:  still the baby belly (even though it is getting bigger and bigger) and feeling her move although she is so strong that sometimes she takes my breath away with a kick!

Weekly Wisdom:  Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights...

For the 32 weeks and 2 days, baby girl dropped down a bit.  I could tell because my heartburn/reflux was better, but I started having sciatic nerve pain through my right butt cheek, hip and leg. I was able to limp around during the day, but by the evening I could barely walk.  On Friday, Nov. 27th (the day after Thanksgiving) I was unable to put any pressure on my right leg making it impossible to walk or move at all.  It was incredibly painful...worse than natural childbirth in my opinion.  Clint had to lift me up and carry me to the bathroom if I needed to go.  I am so grateful that this happened over the holiday weekend because Clint was home from work and he took care of all the meals and the girls.  I felt so helpless and awful.  I was able to get around some with assistance by Sunday afternoon, but I had another serious flare up on Monday and I was unable to move again.  It hurt if anyone even touched me so I was so depressed not being able to snuggle with my girls.  Finally, by the following Wednesday, I was able to stand on my own two legs and get around.  I have been taking it very slow since then and seeing the chiropractor and praying a lot.  I have not had another flare up for a whole week now...praise the Lord!  I hope and pray that I make it through the rest of this pregnancy without any more problems!


KatrinLaurel said...

acupuncture might help too.... you sound like you are handling the challenges with the right attitude! So glad you listening to your body and getting the support you need. Is it too early to take Tylenol PM? :)

Tucker Family said...

I'm praying for you!!

KenMan said...

Can't wait to see the new baby. Thanks for the great blogging! Kenneth