Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So far so good!

I am happy to write that Elizabeth has gone without medication for 5 days and she is doing really well.  I am not sure what she weighs today because I don't have a scale at home yet, but I have been nursing her every two hours during the day and every 4-5 hours at night. Miraculously, she has not vomited a large quantity since Saturday!  She is still spitting up, but all babies spit up some :).  Her fussiness has also decreased drastically.  My mom was over yesterday and she noticed the difference as well.

I never should have doubted my breastmilk.  God designed it to be the perfect nourishment for our babies!  I have always been an advocate for breastfeeding and its benefits which go far beyond nutrition, but it is hard to be confident when people and doctors are questioning your ability to produce enough milk for your baby.  Fortunately, I have some good friends that reminded me and encouraged me to just continue nursing as frequently as possible and it has really helped!  The extra feedings have taken the place of medication and the breastmilk is proving to have a far greater healing effect for Elizabeth.

I never should have doubted the Lord either.  Sometimes my fears get in the way of my faith, but God has gently reminded me that I can trust Him to provide exactly what we need.  

2 comments:

Stephens Family News said...

Wow, Kristen...you have had a lot to deal with lately! I'm so glad that Elizabeth has been doing well without the meds and that she's nursing well. We'll continue to pray for her...and her tired Mommy too!

Frances Katrin said...

Way to go! Great job! See... now you know why Elizabeth picked you as a mommy. She knew she'd need a patient mommy who would give her what she needs.