Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's time to get . . . the Minivan

... or some kind of larger vehicle that will fit a third car seat because I am pregnant again!!!  Another baby is on the way and I am due January 6th, 2010. Elizabeth will be 17 months old when her little sister or brother arrives so we will have our hands full!!  We were a bit surprised by the news, but of course overjoyed as well.  The story goes like this...

I had been sick with pneumonia for several weeks.  I was supposed to have a follow up chest X-ray done the first or second week in May to make sure my lungs had cleared completely.  The day I was planning to have the X-ray done, I felt very sick.   Clint made plans to take off work to watch the girls and I just could not go get the X-ray.  I had that thought in the back of my mind...I wonder if I could be pregnant.  Since you can not be exposed to radiation while you are pregnant, I decided to take a pregnancy test just to make sure that I wasn't.  Well, to my surprise and Clint's surprise, I am!  We knew that we wanted to have another child, but we weren't necessarily planning to have one so soon.  I am still breastfeeding Elizabeth and she is not showing any signs of weaning soon.  I was hoping to be done breastfeeding one before becoming pregnant with another, but I know that I am not the first woman to be in this situation and I know that God is taking great care of both babies and will make sure they both get what they need.

I am 9 weeks along today.  Next week we will have our first ultrasound and we are so excited to see our little peanut and hear his or her little heartbeat.  

7 comments:

aunt pat said...

How fabulous your news is!!!! Congratulations to all of you.
Aunt Pat

Stephens Family News said...

Congratulations, that's great news!! So glad you didn't get that x-ray. God is good! :o)

Carrie said...

I know what it's like having two peanuts so close. So happy for you and Clint. I will pray for energy energy energy.
Love you
Carrie

Tucker Family said...

Congratulations!! :)

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

geat news Kristen! I can't wait to catch up with you. will you be going to the bc in chapel hill for this delivery? I'll be woking p/t beginning in July and will have the afternoons free... Lucas, Ellen and I would love to come and visit you guys one afternoon! Are there any dates or days that work better for you? We could plan to come over around 3:30 or 4:00...

Sherri said...

Congratulations! So happy for you all.

Frances Katrin said...

Yippee!!!