Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Up, Up, and Away!

The girls are growing up so fast and if I don't hurry up and write some things down, these priceless moments may get away from me! I am amazed at how things seem to get lost in my brain, especially since I have become a mom.

Baby Kate - 9 months old


9 months old today - 10/19/10

Kate is still the happiest baby I know! I have noticed that she seems a little shy sometimes, but she is always friendly. She has beautiful, bright blue eyes and a smile that seriously melts my heart everytime. She also has the cutest giggle. I love my baby girl!!!

Kate spent her first few months quietly observing her new surroundings and her two big sisters in action. She made her movement debut at 4 months when she rolled over, but it took her a long time to figure out how to master sitting on her own. She was nearly 8 months before she gained the balance and strength to stay upright. Almost immediately after sitting, she learned to lean forward into the crawling position. She managed to pull her body with her arms and "scoot" across the floor for a while and then on 10/18, she finally figured out how to make her knees work for her and she began to crawl. She is cruisin' everywhere now! She is so proud of her new crawling skills and is quickly moving on to pulling herself up to the standing position.

Kate's first tooth finally made an appearance on 10/16 - the bottom right one. I had been waiting to start finger foods since she had no teeth to chew with, but we are trying mashed fruit pieces now. She is already expressing likes and dislikes with food. She seems to prefer fruits, yogurt and cereals while veggies get a grimace most of the time. I am making her baby food, but I have not been too creative yet. Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, applesauce, and pears are the majority of her solid food diet. She is still nursing 5-6 times a day and once during the night a few times a week. Most nights she sleeps 10-11 hours and takes a 1 1/2 - 2 hour morning nap and a 1 1/2 - 2 hour afternoon nap.
Kate is already signing milk and more and seems to have a high aptitude for expressive communication. She also claps and moves her upper body to dance to music too. I have even heard her trying to sing - music to my ears!

8 months old - ready for take off!


8 months old - out riding in the stroller


8 months old - the shirt speaks for itself


7 months old - still holding on for dear life, but sitting on her own...pretty much


7 months old - not sure about that hair band (me either)


7 months old - hey mommy!

6 months old - yes, that is sweet potato on my chin :)



6 months old - my big sisters really like to feed me

5 months old - found her new perspective and she loves being on her belly!

4 months old - thinking about gaining a new perspective

3 months old - happy girl

... and daydreaming

3 months old - just laying around with Sophie


Two months old - nap before church on Easter Sunday


One month old - getting sweet snuggles from Ella one morning


10 days old and already loved so much!

What an amazing 9 months we have had together!

No comments: