Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Deep Sigh of Relief...

...and a few tears of joy, of course! This morning, Elizabeth turned head down! I woke up at about 4am and had a couple of contractions and had more this morning around 10am as I was trying to get ready to go to our ultrasound appt. I could feel her moving around a lot and was praying that she was beginning to make her move head down. When we went to our appt. an hour later, the initial assessment by the nurse was that the baby was still in the transverse position. We had our ultrasound about 30 minutes after that and to everyone's surprise, Elizabeth's head was all the way down where it should be. What a relief! Thank you for all the suggestions on ways to turn a baby and all of the prayers that were said. I did try some exercises and I went to the chiropractor and had the Webster's technique done twice. But most importantly, we have been covered with prayer and I believe we received our answer in a huge way this morning!

We will have another ultrasound next week just to make sure Elizabeth is still in the right position to allow for a safe, natural labor and delivery, but I am not worried at all. I have a great peace that comes from knowing that this is in God's hands!

2 comments:

Frances Katrin said...

Yippee! You are on your way to another perfect birth experience.... I get chills just thinking about it.

Stephens Family News said...

Hooray! So glad for you! :o)