Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Perfect Progress

We have really noticed that Ella has been making great progress in the last couple of weeks. She may not be meeting growth chart standards or hitting the age-appropriate developmental milestones, but she is making progress every day at what seems to be the perfect pace for her.  I like to think that she is marching to the beat of her own drum.  Here are some new pics of her progress...


This is her new game where she likes to make this sound with her lips back and forth with us. She thinks it is so funny and I know she feels proud of herself for figuring out a way to communicate with us and make us laugh! 


Two teeth!

She loves her oatmeal cereal, but she managed to take a break from eating to strike a pose for this picture (hmmm...that reminds me a lot of her big sis)!

I think she was saying to me, "Hey...why did you put that toy out of my reach?"  Well, it is all a part of my plan to encourage her to crawl and it is starting to work!


Notice the lifting of the bottom... she is starting to pull her knees up under herself in the attempt to move forward and crawl!

She is also using her feet to scoot...so cute!

almost there...

"I've got it..."

"Oh no... I lost my balance...I'm doing the rollover to my back!"

"Ahhh, mommy to the rescue.  Now I can practice sitting up and I get to have my toy!"

In the last couple of days, she has been sitting all on her own without the assistance or protection of a pillow (a little scary for mommy), but she is doing great!  She can stay in this position for about 2 minutes at the most so far.

Sophie was actually getting nervous that her baby sister would fall over and hit her head so she decided to sit behind her to keep her safe.  What a protective big sis!  
Sophie's love for Ella is so sweet!

No comments: